Monday 5 March 2012

Blue Moon Bay by Lisa Wingate

Back Cover: For Seattle architect Heath Hampton, a trip back to tiny Moses Lake, Texas, is hardly in the plan. Yet because a promotion hinges on the sale of the family farmland, Heather heads to the last place she ever wanted to go. She's determined to return home, signed contract in hand, the next day.
  
But the currents of Moses Lake take visitors on unexpected journeys. As Heather's stay lengthens, she discovers a family steeped in secrets and an unexpected connection to local banker Blaine Underhill, despite his opposition to Heather's project. With each new revelation and question, Heather can't help but wonder if the handsome banker - and the family she has come to know again - are crooks or crusaders. Somehow she must find out the truth before she loses everything she has worked for and everything she's found on the shores of Moses Lake.


Review: I can not say enough good things about Lisa Wingate's ability to write. She has an innate ability to draw the reader into her world and impress upon you the very heart and essence of her story. Her words carried me straight into the lives of her characters and made me feel as if I were experiencing the entire adventure from behind their eyes, and not just as a bystander watching. If her writing wasn't so notably beautiful, it would be easy to forget you were even reading. I have never read such a lyrical style as hers. In addition to being brilliantly written, "Blue Moon Bay" was an excellent story. The plot was strong and the characters utterly captivating.
  
I selected this novel based on a positive first impression of the author's writing in an excerpt, but I truthfully expected the story to be slow and likely a little boring as the back cover did nothing to captivate my attention. I was correct on one account: the book was very well written. However, I was pleasantly mistaken about the story - it was very enjoyable.
  
"Blue Moon Bay" was my first time reading anything by Lisa, but it certainly will not be my last. I would happily recommend this author and her books to any reader.

"Book has been provided courtesy of Baker Publishing Group and Graf-Martin Communications, Inc. 
Available at your favourite bookseller from Bethany House, a division of Baker Publishing Group
"

No comments:

Post a Comment