Monday 10 February 2014

God's Double Agent by Bob Fu

Review: This is a book that needs to be read. My fingers are stalling on the keyboard as I try to write this. I have so many emotions going through me right now that I don't even know what to write. I don't want to understate the impact that this book has had on my life. 

The story of Bob Fu was life-changing for me. I wept, I put the book down multiple times and simply had to go for a walk to think, it made me search my soul again and again, and it has made me take a very hard look at my own Christian life. I thank the Lord that this book landed in my hands.

This is a story that every Christian needs to read. It made me really, really think. I know this is a big statement, but this is the best book I have read in a decade. It was absolutely riveting, but the effect it had on my heart was huge. I would highly, highly recommend this book.

Back Cover:  Tens of millions of Christians live in China today, leading double lives to hide from a government that relentlessly persecutes them. By day, Bob Fu was a teacher in a communist school; by night, he was a preacher in an underground house church network. This edge-of-your-seat book tells the true story of Fu's conversion to Christianity, his arrest and imprisonment for starting an illegal house church, his harrowing escape, and his subsequent rise to prominence in the United States as an advocate for his oppressed brethren. 

"God's Double Agent" will inspire you to bold proclaim and live out your faith in a world that is at times indifferent, and at other times murderously hostile, to those who spread the gospel. 




"Book has been provided courtesy of Baker Publishing Group and Graf-Martin Communications, Inc.
Available at your favourite bookseller from BakerBooks, a division of Baker Publishing Group"

No comments:

Post a Comment