Thursday 9 July 2015

A Perfect Ambition by Dr. Kevin Leman and Jeff Nesbit

It's time for Will to forge his own path.
          But the force the DRIVES HIM TO GREATNESS ...
                  ... Could also DESTROY HIM - And his FAMILY...

As the firstborn son of an old and powerful family, William Jennings Worthington VI knows what it's like to be under pressure. Groomed from birth with the relentless message that he was destined for greatness, Will has always pushed himself to succeed - neerly as much as his never-satisfied financial tycoon father pushes him. Becoming CEW of the world's largest and most adventuresome oil company seems the next logical step on the success ladder. But when circumstances turn, Will finds himself staring down a road that leads to Capitol Hill. Can he trade the board room for the Senate floor? Or will family secrets keep him from his destinay?

Internationally known psychologist and birth order expert Dr. Kevin Leman teams up with national journalist Jeff Nesbit for this compelling new series filled with plitical intrigue.



Review: I really enjoyed this book. I've never made in through a political thriller before. It's not my genre, and I generally find them boring and too slow to bother with. The intricacies of politics simply do not entertain me. HOWEVER, this book was awesome!

I took this novel with me on our hiking trip last weekend, and I sincerely enjoyed it. In fact, after sitting by the lake for two hours waiting for my husband to catch a fish, I decided to take "A Perfect Ambition" and walk back to the campground. It was a broad logging road that made for easy walking, so I read the whole walk back (looking up on occasion to make sure there wasn't a cougar stalking me or any such craziness).

So basically, I liked this book enough to risk a cougar stalking me or getting run over by a logging truck in order to keep reading it. That's pretty impressive, right? Or stupid…. Anyways… back to the book…

I also want to say, there was no aspects of this book that was disjointed. When I see that a book is written by two authors a red flag always goes up in my mind. I've read my fair portion of shared-works and have found most to be disjointed and confusing. Dr. Kevin Leman and Jeff Nesbit did a great job of keeping the tone exactly the same and having a seamless flow throughout the book. Kudos to their editors!

I also enjoyed the sibling aspect of this novel. There is Will, his brother Sean, and their baby sister. It is easy to see Dr. Leman's expertise in birth order in this book. Each of the siblings has a very distinct personality that is entirely believable. Despite the fact that they are all so different, I fell in love with each one of them.

The plot was well woven and excellently rolled out. It kept me eagerly flipping the pages.

This first book in the “Worthington Destiny” series had everything I like to see in a book: a plot that keeps me turning the pages as fast as I can, believable and engaging characters that bring the plot to life and get you invested in the story, great dialogue that you could actually hear in the real world, and fantastic writing.

Just loved it. Can't wait for the second book!

This book was provided by Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group and Graf Martin Communications

And to my readers…. what is YOUR favourite legal thriller?

No comments:

Post a Comment