Monday 9 November 2015

NaNoWriMo 2015 - I'm Noveling!

So, I've gone and done it.

I've bit the bullet.

Packed my bags.

Taken the plunge.

Well, you get the drift.

This month I joined countless others who have embraced the challenges of NaNoWriMo. What is NaNoWriMo, you may ask? Basically, it is a challenge to write a novel in a month. Crazy, right? Absolutely... but I highly recommend you try it too. By November 30th, I will have completed 50,000 words. Wow! As of today, I am thrilled to announce that I am flying along and having an amazing time. I love to read... but, as I write this debut novel, I have discovered that I really, really love to write. What an absolute joy it is to sit down and actually bring my stories and characters into existence.

I'll be posting excerpts from my story as I go, but here is a little teaser to get you started....


Synopsis

The world has been destroyed by the Terror. Massive bombings and chemical warfare have rendered earth almost uninhabitable. The soil has turned acidic, water flows over radiation hotbeds, and the very winds that blow cary deadly radiation storms. 
Despite this, small pockets of humanity still exist. There is a problem though: there are only children left. 
Peter, at age thirteen, is trying to keep the group of children under his care alive as the last of the elders die off. The crops are failing and he knows they won't survive the winter. When a stranger shows up on their mountain, Peter and his group leave the shelter of their mine for a promise of a better future to the north.
When a highly trained group of soldiers in long-thought-exctinc army vehicles descends on the group and kills their few remaining elders and captures all but three of them, Peter is forced to question everything he's ever known to be true... and the possibilities that present themselves are not pleasant ones to contemplate.
Lost, out of supplies, and faced with the daunting task of survival, Peter is forced to turn to the God he's spent the last few years ignoring and to try and rescue the children that have been taken. 

No comments:

Post a Comment