Thursday 3 December 2015

Murder at the Courthouse by A.H. Gabhart



Back Cover: Michael Keane's stressful days as a Columbus police officer are done. He's ready to relax into his new position as deputy sheriff in his sleepy hometown. Nothing ever happens in Hidden Springs, Kentucky - and that's just fine with Michael.

Nothing, that is, until a dead body is discovered on the courthouse steps. As Michael works to solve the case, it seems that every nosy resident in town has a theory. When the sheriff insists Michael check out one of these harebrained theories, his surprising discovery sends him on a bewildering search for a mysterious killer that has him questions everything he has ever believed about life in Hidden Springs.

Bringing with her a knack for creating settings you want to visit and an uncanny ability to bring characters to life, A.H. Gabhart pens a whodunit that will keep you guessing.

Review: A.H. Gabhart has been one of my favorite go-to-novelists for the historical romance genre for a while. I was a little unsure of how well she'd do with the mystery genre -but I shouldn't have doubted. She is excellent at creating realistic and entertaining characters, her settings are always a hundred percent believable, and best of all.... the story line was intelligent, cunning, and full of surprises.

I honestly couldn't put this book down once I started it. Like any reader, I really tried to figure out who had committed the crime before the story told me the answer. I guessed wrong! I love that! There were so many possible avenues to explore, false leads, and fascinating developments. This book really kept my interest and was so entertaining to read.

In addition to the awesome plot, I became very invested in the characters. In the back of "Murder in the Courthouse" there is an excerpt from her next mystery in Hidden Springs set to release next spring. I am so glad she's continuing with these characters because you quite literally fall in love with them.

A really awesome new series that I highly recommend!

This book was provided by Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group and Graf Martin Communications

No comments:

Post a Comment