Sunday 13 December 2015

Vendetta by Lisa Harris

Back Cover: No one needs to push Nikki Boyd to excel on the Tennessee Missing Persons Task Force. The case of her own missing sister, still unsolved after ten years, is the driving force in her work. When a Polaroid photo of a missing girl shows up at a crime scene, Nikki quickly recognizes similarities to the past. The closer she gets to the abductor, the more she feels this case has become personal, and she is not the hunter, but the hunted.

With this explosive first book in the Nikki Boyd Files, award-winning author Lisa Harris takes you on a fast-paced pursuit of justice that will have you holding your breath until the heart-stopping finish.


Review:

.....Chilling..... 

In a word, that is how I would describe Vendetta. It made me turn on all the lights, close the blinds against imagined creepers outside, and huddle on my coach with a very warm, comforting blanket. Admittedly, I am a bit of a coward when it comes to thrillers, but stories of abductions and the like always get to me. The book really got to me.

It was not gory or graphic so I would never say it was inappropriate. In fact, I'd say the exact opposite. Vendetta is an excellent book for people who enjoy this type of genre. As much as it scared me, I really enjoyed reading Vendetta. I appreciated that the thrill came from excellent story telling and not from excessive uses of gore, which you can often see in this genre. It was a clean read, but it kept me on the edge of my seat... or should I say, couch?

Lisa Harris did an admirable job of feeding the reader just enough information to keep them biting their nails but not enough to guess the story. I liked how information from Nikki's sister got fed into this story and how passionately Nikki hunted down the abductor. Her all-consuming obsession for finding the abductor was raw and so believable. She's a frayed character, on-edge, and desperate... not characteristics you often see in a main character. Nikki's anxiety lept from the pages and right to me, and made me as desperate to find the killer as she was. Wonderful writing on the part of the author.

 I also liked the delicate relationship between Nikki and Tyler - I'm hoping this will develop more in the next book?

Overall a great read.

"Book has been provided courtesy of Baker Publishing Group and Graf-Martin Communications, Inc."

No comments:

Post a Comment