Saturday 22 September 2018

God's Not Dead: A Light In Darkness



Review: I am a huge fan of the "God's Not Dead" franchise, and I have watched all three movies in this series. They are uplifting and encouraging.

I did enjoy the first two movies more than this last one though. I think it's because of the mistakes pastor David made. The movie was really showing the human failings of acting on your own without God. The movie was very well done, and it did a great job of showcasing how far we can stray when we act on our own insight and on our own power. It just felt a little discouraging, and the ending left me wondering if I really agreed with their conclusion to Pastor Dave's dilemma.

I would definitely recommend watching this movie, and more than that, watching it with a group of Christian friends and then discussing it. What are your views on love, specifically loving our enemies and neighbors? When should Christian's stand up for their rights and when is it better to back away? I think this movie would make a great small-group movie night.

No comments:

Post a Comment