Sunday 18 July 2021

Hadley Beckett's Next Dish by Bethany Turner


 Review: It is an excellent sign that the book you just read was top-notch when the first thing you do upon completion is wish that it was, in fact, not yet over. The second promising sign that the book you was indeed well worth your time is when you promptly google the author, sign up for her e-mail list, and then proceed to snoop through her other books in search of more good reads.


Therefore, I can honestly say this was a very enjoyable book because I did both the beforementioned things. I am also happy to announce that Bethany Turner DOES have other books; please stay tuned for more reviews as I plan on reading the rest of her work as soon as I can. 


The best part of this novel is that it made me LAUGH. I felt like I floated off on a mini-vacation when my head got stuck in this book, and it was a lovely diversion. I loved the drama between Max and Hadley - the starting scenes were epic. There was utterly nothing likeable about Max at all - I'm shocked she was able to coerce them both into a novel together, but she did so masterfully and it was a fun adventure! Also, I reaaaally love cooking shows so I was THRILLED with the setting. It was totally up by ally... or should I say, kitchen?


Excellent read and I will certainly be keeping my eyes open for more Bethany Turner novels. 


Back Cover: Celebrity chef Maxwell Cavanagh is known for many things: his multiple Michelin stars, his top-rated Culinary Channel show, To the Max, and most of all his horrible temper. Hadley Beckett, host of the Culinary Channel's other top-rated show, At Home with Hadley, is beloved for her Southern charm and for making her viewers feel like family.


When Max experiences a very public temper tantrum and is sent packing, his only chance to get back on TV and in the public's good graces is to work alongside Hadley. As these polar-opposite celeb chefs begin to peel away the layers of public persona and reputation, they will not only discover the key ingredients for getting along but also learn the secret recipe for unexpected forgiveness . . . and maybe even love.

In the meantime, hide the knives.

Thank-you to Graf Martin Communications and to Baker Publishing House for giving me such awesome books to enjoy. 



No comments:

Post a Comment