Friday 25 August 2023

Of Wolves and Wardens by Sylvia Mercedes

 


She's his enemy. He's her target. But could they be each other's only hope?

Brielle owes Granny Dorrel seven years of her life. Seven years of slavery, serving as the ward witch’s huntress in the depths of Whispering Wood.

Dire is a werewolf, a former slave of Granny’s in his own right . . . and Brielle’s newest target.

Can these two enemies find a way to work together and undo the curses binding them? Or will the witch's hold on their broken hearts lead them to destroy one another?

Of Wolves and Wardens is a complete, stand-alone novel with a "happily ever after" ending. If you're looking for an emotional, character-driven romance with a healthy dose of action and adventure along the way, this is the book for you! While set in the same world as The Moonfire Bride, readers can start with this tale.

Review:

This is the first 'adult' book that I've read of Sylvia Mercede's. I was obsessed with her books under her teen pen-name some years ago, and I've periodically kept my eye out for her work when she moved from YA to adult. I was rather excited (okay….full disclosure… I may have squealed a little…) when I discovered her adult line of books under her new pen name (VICTORY). 

 

As I said, this is my first read of her 'adult' line. First impressions? She is such an amazing story tell. Just…wow. Also, I'm incredibly pleased that this books is not sexually inappropriate (YAY!). I was a little nervous what 'adult' would look like. Basically, it's a dark tale... but if you like dark fantasy that will have you reading to 3am, chewing your nails in angst, and swooning all at the same time, then this is for you!

 

I’m looking forward to buying and hoarding all her books… I mean…. Collecting…and reading…. All her books.

 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment