Thursday 22 June 2023

Rogue Shift by AJ Skelly

 



An outcast all his life because of his half-human, half-werewolf genes, Kyp is finally getting a chance to belong with the Wolfe pack.

Though fully human, Rachel never cared about his mixed blood. When a family tragedy strikes, Rachel makes an impulsive decision with deadly consequences. Kyp must come to her rescue. But when saving her turns her into a werewolf, it sets off a chain of events that puts them at odds with the Wolfe pack, and brings them straight into the path of the Wolfe's greatest enemy—Victor Atwood.

War is coming to the packs, and Kyp and Rachel are at the center of it. With their fledgling love and a tenuous mental tie their only weapons, they must overcome the wrath of Atwood. But a toxic secret threatens to devastate them, destroying not only them but the entire Wolfe pack as well.

Review:
Uhoh... I think I may be on a werewolf kick right now. Only reading the first book of AJ Skelly's series would be akin to only taking one bite (no pun intended, haha) of a delicious, decedent piece of a chocolate cheescake. Unthinkable. Unfathonable!

So, despite the fact that my own book DESPERATELY needs my attention, it was impossible not to steal a few hours to sink my canines into this juicy read. I quite literally devoured it - going so far as to read in the car, which is a big no-no for me. Rogue Shift was worth the potential for car sickness. So go read it. Now. Duh.

Book two of the 'Wolves of Rock Falls' features Megan's larger-than-life best friend with her insatiably zest for, well, everything. Rachel is impossible not to love. She takes the stage in Rogue Shift with style, and I was thrilled to have a book where she was the star. As for Kyp.... who could have guessed that the quite rogue from book one would turn into THIS. I love Rachel, and let me just say that Kyp turns in a guy completely worthy of her by the end of this fast-paced read. 

Rogue Shift has everything. Kyp made me laugh out loud as he stepped over the dark line and into the world of frilly lattes.... tear up when his own self doubt brought him to his knees... crow with delight when he kicked some major werewolf tail... and swoon just a little (okay a lot) at all the right points. 

I'm looking forward to reading book three!



No comments:

Post a Comment